Boeuf à la Bourguignonne

Boeuf à la BourguignonneI ❤ cooking, it's quite rewarding.
I made this from Julia Childs recipe from her book The Art of French Cooking. I only skipped a few things like blanching the bacon or sauteeing the mushrooms in butter. I substituted the onions for shallots and bacon for pancetta, sauteed them together. I deglazed and poured 1 cup of red cooking wine and 1 cup of grape Manishewitz wine as I was searing the beef. I also added beef stock, 2 tsp beef boullion, thyme, bay leaves, parsley, chopped garlic, olive oil, carrots and potatoes, and tomato puree instead of paste. 2 tablespoons of flour, stirred it all around and let this simmer for 3 hours. The beef was tender, you can just pull apart and it shreds and the broth so tasty. I absolutely love this dish and so did my kids. I served this with egg noodles.
I gotta tell you 3 hours cooking this on medium low simmer is worth it. The meat was tender and I didn't even have to add salt.

Try making this dish and put your own flare into it.

Bon Appétit


Comments

Popular Posts