Figs....


After getting the figs from my local farmers market for free, I discovered why they were free. I rinsed off and ate one and it tasted odd. Im not sure what kind of figs they were but they didnt taste so good, even though they were fresh, they were sweet but not like I was expecting. It was a weird sweet flavor. I tried making cooking them, sliced them up, melted some butter in a pan and toss them in, added a bit of sugar, a bit of nutmeg and a splash of vanilla. I placed the cooked figs into little crunchy puffed pastry cups and ate one. Did not like them. A failed attempt at making something yummy I was craving for a long time. There are several types of figs, I guess IO just came accros a kind of figs that werent good or tasty. Ill skip nutmeg and butter next time I cook or make something with figs...Im still going to search for the figs that I tasted as a little girl.

Comments

Popular Posts