Boeuf à la Bourguignonne my way

I was going to make beef stew today but remembered that I have always wanted to make Beef Bourguignon, I have never made it. I searched online, and found a Julia Child recipe and decided that will be dinner tonight. It takes about 3 hours to make, and has various steps and different ingredients to build a quite delicious sauce for the beef. I kind of cook sometimes by just putting eveything in the pot and walk away, I have been impatient lately with cooking, I like cooking fast before the kids get home from school. Im going to try to baby this dish and follow the recipe. I always take short cuts in recipes and substitute ingredients. I think its a habit of mine. I do not like too many steps but if it makes the dish mouth watering so be it. I will do my best to do Julia's recipe justice.

I will be back with the recipe and photos
Stay tuned, I have to go to the supermarket and get the ingredients, I do not eat a lot of beef lately so I need to go buy the beef!
:)



This is the stew I made my way, it has all the ingredients but skipped tomato paste, put way too much bacon and flour but still very tasty. Almost like Julia Childs recipe but not quite.

My rustic Boeuf à la Bourguignonne

Comments

Popular Posts