Mofongo Meatball Appetizers

I just love my Puertorican Mofongo and I like improvising recipes. I thought of making appetizers and this came to mind. My kids love meatballs and these are a hit with my family.

Mofongo meatballs

1 lb Ground pork
1 pkg Bacon bits
2 large Garlic cloves
1/2 tsp Adobo seasoning
1tsp black pepper
Tostones (prepared aheadOf time)
1 tsp Olive oil
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
2 eggs
Combine all in a blender. Or hand mix and only put the tostones in a food processor until the tostones are chopped in bits. Then mix with the meat.
Shape into balls using a small ice cream scooper.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Serve with a spicy dip made with mayo/garlic/ketchup and hot sauce. This is my most favorite dipping sauce!!! I read is not just a condiment from Puerto Rico other countries also use this delicious combination of ketchup and mayonnaise.

Spicy dipping sauce/Fry Sauce/MayoKetchup

A lil tiny tiny bit of lemon zest
Ketchup
Mayo
1tsp Garlic
1 tsp. hot sauce/pique
1/8 tsp A lil bit of Red pepper flakes for a kick and for garnish

In a bowl, mix 1 part ketchup to 2 parts mayonnaise.
Add garlic to taste, the hot sauce and mix well.

This is a delicious recipe to share this holiday season.
Felices Fiestas!
Enjoy!
Mofongo Meatball with spicy MayoKetchup

Comments

Popular Posts