Indian Food!

  So I went to a local festival, The International Folk Festival in Fayetteville North Carolina and Its food heaven!  I mean food everywhere, the scent of BBQ, Korean, Japanese, Puertorican, Thailand, Philippines,  Afrika, Indian, there was delicious food everywhere!
  I'm fascinated by  foods from  diferent cultures.  This day I decided to try Indian food, why because I'm captivated by the spices they use and their recipes.
  I tried Papadums(Papads), Samosas, Chicken Curry, Spicy Cilantro Sauce(super spicy garlicky with vinegar but oh my goodness delicious!!!!) Cucumber Yogurt dip.  I loved it all.  
  I specially loved the dessert, Gulab Jamun, warm sweet lil cakey buttery round balls(get yo mind out da gutta) in the most intense syrup I've ever tasted!

  I'm going to try making the dish in a lighter version as soon as I get a hold of rose water.  This dish is amazing to me.  

That is what the syrup has, rose water, it sounds so beautiful to me and loads of sugar! But what's even yummier are the little cake balls.

  Ill post the recipe on my Facebook dessert page when I get a chance.

  I'm just going to leave you here with some pictures of the dishes I tried at the festival.

  Enjoy!

:)
  First pic is Samosa, it's like a savory pastry filled with potatoes, peas and spices.
  The second pic is the Gulab Jamun, sweet sweet dish.



Comments

Popular Posts