Deconstructed Stuffed Cabbage Soup

I feel like a bad ass! But I had to make this recipe easier and tweak it!
I admit I had a bit of a tough time making the previous recipe, steaming the leaves, they ripped, messy steps. I pretty much made it easier.

To make this I just shredded the cabbage and turned the filling into meatballs and added extra water, and chicken broth or stock into the sauce.

It's just like the stuffed cabbage rolls but easier to make, and to me it's even more tasty.

In a large pot add 6 cups of water or chicken broth, I used Knorr homestyle chicken Stock. 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 Tblsp olive oil, 2 tsp lime juice, 2 cups of shredded cabbage.
Then add the meatballs(filling recipe is on previous post for Stuffed Cabbage Rolls). Yes go read my other post, then come back here!!!

Simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes.

Serve hot and garnish with raw strips of cabbage and green onions.

In my opinion. When you bite into the meatballs, cabbage and the flavors combine with the broth and freshly chopped green onions oh my goodness!! I don't know, but I really enjoyed this this. Just saying :)

Enjoy!!





Comments

Popular Posts