Stuffed Cabbage Leaves

First time making this dish. I began to hate it because of the cabbage leaves being to big and ripping as I pulled them off of the cabbage. It's ok I learn. Tip from my friend Martha: boil the entire cabbage. It'll be easier to pull the leaves off.
I began to hate the dish due to how the cabbage smelled but I ignored it. I really wanted to try the dish and I knew it was going to be tasty.

I saw the recipe on FB and instantly was attracted to it.
Here's the recipe, I added garlic to the filling just cuz and a lil extra white wine. This is the recipe I came across, I doubled it when I made it at home and added too much lime juice. I also added too much tomato sauce in the filling. I was wondering where the tanginess came from, the lime ha ha. I always make a mistake somewhere. Even though this was my first time making the recipe, it came out yummy. Everyone in my family enjoyed the dish except my little ones, they're beginning to be picky eaters. They didn't like the cabbage smell.

Follow the recipe!!!


Ingredients:

1 cabbage

Cut the stem off. Steam about 12 leaves to make them easier to make rolls with. You can steam or boil an entire cabbage if you prefer. If the leaves rip like mine don't worry about it. Bring water to a boil then turn it off, wait about 10 minutes or until the leaves are pliable and they don't crack.

For the filling:

2 lb ground pork
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 Tblsp chopped onion
3 Tblsp tomato sauce
1 cup cooked long grain rice ( yes cooked)
2 garlic cloves chopped
2 tsp of lime juice
3 ounces white wine

Combine the filling ingredients. Make into meatballs, set aside.

Sauce:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 tsp lime juice
1 tsp salt
1 cup of water

Take each cabbage leaf and stuff meat in each leaf. Turn into rolls. Yes it's fun and messy. Place rolls into a pot.

Pour the sauce over the stuffed cabbage rolls.

Cook covered on medium simmer for 30 minutes.

Serve hot,

Enjoy!!!












Comments

Popular Posts