Paleo diet dish with Salmon

Going full force with CrossFit and the Paleo Diet

Salmon with coconut cream sauce and sautéed green beans

I found the recipe on another site about Paleo diet. I wanted to make a different dish that has similar ingredients so I combined some of them into this one. The other recipe I'm talking about is called Parrot Fish in Calypso sauce and the recipe has peppers and thyme so that's what I added into this one. Just tweaked it a bit into a slightly different version and different cooking process like pan frying instead of baking the fish. I just love to hear the pan sizzle! So that's why I skipped baking.

Ingredients

1 lb salmon fillet
1/4 sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp coconut oil
1 large shallot, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
zest of one lemon
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 Tbs basil
3 small red orange and yellow sweet peppers, chopped or sliced
A few sprigs of fresh Thyme
2 cups of fresh raw green beans

Season both sides of the Salmon with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add some coconut oil. Sear the Salmon on each side, skin side down first, pan fry until desired doneness, or until salmon has reached desired temperature.

Coconut cream sauce:

Heat a pan, add coconut oil, garlic and shallots, peppers. Sauté until garlic and shallots soften, about 3-5 minutes.
Add some lemon zest, basil, salt to taste, coconut milk, and bring liquid to a low boil, add thyme. Reduce the sauce until is a slightly thick consistency. Remove the thyme.

Green Beans

Sauté the green beans on the same pan where you pan fried the salmon. Drizzle some olive oil, salt and pepper.

I like my green beans to have crunch so I only sauté them for a little while( you can cook them longer if you like)

Serve green beans and place the salmon on top of the green beans. Top with the coconut cream sauce.

Enjoy!














Comments

Popular Posts