Bacalao guisao'

Or Bacalao Guisado in the fancy towns and fancy well spoken people of Puerto Rico.
Bacalao guisado is stewed fish.
My mom used to make this when I was little. I didn't appreciate this dish when I was a little girl. But I do now, specially because my mom used to make it. It was so good! I love this puertorican dish.

Here's what you need:

Bacalao (follow instructions in the package)
1 can of Goya Tomato sauce
Half an onion sliced
Chopped tomatoes
1 cup Pico de Gallo(I added this for flare) I love doing that.
Half a packet of Sazon with saffron

Cut up the bacalao, remove the bones, rinse off the salt. Make sure you soak the fish over night.

You'll need about two fillets. Or use the entire package. Double the ingredients if you're going to do that.

Sauté the onions, tomatoes, pico de gallo in olive oil. Add sazon, tomato sauce, a cup of water, let the fish and simmer on low heat until the fish falls apart. Sprinkle black pepper to taste. You don't need salt. Only if you completely removed the salt in the soaking process. I usually soak it enough but only leave it slightly salty.

Serve hot over white rice and a slice of avocado on the side.

Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular Posts