Bonus! Bacalao soup

Made a soup with the bacalao fillets I had left.
In Puerto Rico they make Caldo de Bacalao con Funche. Fish broth with what I think it's a corn meal mush. I'm not too fond of it. I've never made it. I do not like it. Fish broth is quite tasty. The one from this soup is superb.

This is the first time I've ever made a fish soup.

This one is pretty easy and basic and totally improvised. I did not make this with the corn meal mush.
I used the rest of the unused bacalao I had left to make this soup. Hubby is into soups. I've never made fish soup. So here we go!

Use about 2 bacalao fillets that were soaked over night to remove excess salt.
Add sliced celery, red and orange pepper, sliced shallot and about 4 cups of water. Black pepper and salt to taste. Watch the salt it might not need it. Salt is not very good in excess observe moderation.

Anyways,

Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.

Serve hot

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts