Fried Green Tomatoes

I love the movie and I've always wanted to try them. Here I go tasting new things I usually don't make in my puertorican kitchen. I like trying new foods :) I love cooking.
These were yummy, I didn't have a dipping sauce, so I ate some with ranch dressing. I liked them a lot more with ketchup and hot sauce!

Ingredients
4 large, firm green tomatoes, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
1 cup finely ground self rising cornmeal
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 eggs
Vegetable oil


Preparation
1. Sprinkle the tomato slices with the salt and pepper; set aside.

2. Combine the cornmeal and paprika in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs.

3. Cover the bottom of a heavy skillet with 1/2 inch of oil, then place it over medium-high heat.

4. Coat the tomato slices in the egg, then dredge them in the cornmeal mixture.

5. Fry as many tomatoes as fit comfortably in the pan until nicely browned, about 2 minutes a side.

6. Transfer them to a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat until all the tomatoes are cooked.

Eat them ASAP cuz crunchy is better!




Comments

Popular Posts